Ready to Get Started?
We're ready to answer your questions and provide solutions.
Meritus is at the forefront of risk management in the transaction and payment processing industry.
Our team of credit and risk management experts quickly underwrite and take a proactive approach in monitoring merchant portfolios. Our consultative team works with merchants to help them strike the perfect balance between profit and protection.
Meritus has designed proprietary risk systems exclusively for our customers. Our tools and processes ensure you are informed and updated. You are in control with merchant-defined management tools and online reports. Online reporting allows you to analyze transaction data, quickly identify trends indicative of fraudulent activity or improper operating procedures.
Meritus risk management solutions get results:
- Increase merchant profits
- Decrease “declined” authorization rates
- Improve chargeback management
- Reduce reserve amounts
- Stabilize merchant accounts
FRAUD PROTECTION AND MANAGEMENT
Your products, service and customer base is unique and so is the fraud you face. Liability for fraud shifts from the card issuer to the merchant for ‘Card Not Present’ (CNP) sale (mail order, telephone/fax order, and internet sales). The merchant is generally liable for credit card charge backs, even when the bank authorized the transaction.
Meritus utilizes advanced technology to securely process credit and debit cards, ACH, Check 21 and more.
Meritus fraud management:
- Address Verification Service (AVS) — Reduces the risk of fraudulent transactions by verifying the cardholder's billing address on file with the card issuer.
- Card Security Verification — Verifies the non-embossed 3- or 4-digit numeric code on the back of the credit card, with the issuer's value on file. Credit card verification programs are offered by the major card associations and are known as CVV2 (Visa), CVC2 (MasterCard), CID (American Express) and CID (Discover Card).
- Real-time risk analysis to make real-time decisions
- Access proprietary negative databases